This really IS the view from my front porch. Sweet, huh?

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break Ski Trip Day 4

Several of our skiers, wanting to end their ski experience on a good note, decided to not ski the last day.  This meant that skis and lift tickets were just lying around our condo waiting to be used.  Having never skied before, I decided that this was something that I would like to try – just once. (Bucket List)  Everyone that knows I have had three back surgeries strongly discouraged me from doing this.  But after watching children who were no higher than my kneecap speeding around with ease, I asked myself “How hard can it be?”  (I know you are laughing at me by now.)  Listed below are some lessons learned from this experience.
-Trim your toe nails before putting on ski boots.
-My husband is very patient. (“Wedge, Lisa!  Make a wedge!”)
-I am not patient.  (If I hear him say “wedge” again I may hit him.)
-Getting on a ski lift is easy.  Getting off a ski lift is another story.
-The older you are the harder you fall.
-The harder you fall, the more you hurt the next day… and the day after that… and …
-Those aged 3-5 learn much faster than those aged 45-50.
-Avoid speed of all kinds – it’s bad for you.
-White and fluffy does not always mean soft and cuddly.
-Skiing can be fun even after 3 back surgeries.  (My back is fine.  My knees?????) 
-There are no rabbits on the bunny slopes.
-Slow and steady wins the race.
-Naps aren’t just for babies.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA Mom I Totally Just Laughed Out Loud In The Library, Probably Because I Can Hear You Saying All Of This. Thanks For Putting A Smile On My Face This Morning. Love You!!

    ReplyDelete